Before installing new water pump
- Drain coolant and flush cooling system.
- Clean the cooling system whenever needed
- Remove old water pump according to
car manufacturers instructions.
- Visually check for proper water tightness
for the entire cooling system
- Replace tubes whenever needed
- Clean out the housing where the water pump
is to be fitted
- Remove the old gasket, sealing ring or sealant
and ensure that the mounting faces are clean
and free from damage.
- Systematically check water tightness of
all cooling system.
- Visually check the new water pump against
the one to be replaced.
Installing new water pump
- Install new water pump according to manu-facturers instructions.
- Warning: where a silicone based sealant is used,observe the
recommended coursing times, before filling the cooling system.
- Where a viscous fan coupling is fitted inspect the bearings
for excessive wear and follow car manufacturers instructions.
- Warning: fitting a warn viscous coupling to the new water pump,
will result in premature failure of the water pump bearings
due to the excessive vibration created.
- Check the fan blades(where fitted) for distor-tion or missing
or broken blades, witch can cause out of balance forces,
damaging the water pump bearings.
- Check, that the water pump rotates freely without
any blocking point.
- It is recommended, that a new belt (timing belt or multi VS.-belt)
and new tensioners are fitted when replacing the water pump
to secure repair durability.
- Tighten the belts with factory recommended tension.
- To drain cooling system efficiently, set panel
heater control to HOT.
- Fill system with recommended permanent coolant
(see the recommended characteristic for the cooling fluid).
- When the engine has reached its operating temperature
(fan running), check that the system is water tight.
- Never refill while engine is hot, always wait at least an hour after engine is turned off.
Cold fluid in hot engine can cause a thermal shock damaging the mechanical seal.
- Never let the engine run without coolant,even during short periods.This could result overheating of the mechanical seal and deteriorate it.
- At the start a limited leakage from the hole or canal on the water pump body could occur.
That phenomenon,linked to the mechanical seal running conditions, is normal and do not reflect any water pump problem.
Automotive Parts and Protection Equipment Manufacturing
AVEL d.o.o., Nazorjeva ulica 15, 6310 Izola, Slovenia, T: +386 5 6421630, M: +386 41 733125, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, E: email@example.com, I: www.avel.si